Discover how your small-to-medium-sized business can reach new levels of productivity.
Now, more than ever, small-to-medium-sized businesses are looking for ways to boost overall productivity. Many employees have gone remote, interacting with customers and coworkers virtually. Others continue to go to a workplace each day but perform their jobs very differently. There’s no such thing as business as usual anymore.
So, in a time when employers and employees alike are having to adjust to an ever-changing workplace, how is it possible to actually increase overall productivity?
So, the question becomes, “How do we work smarter?”
Many key executives are too close to day-to-day activities to develop an effective value proposition that all employees throughout the company can understand and work toward. That value proposition is key to your success. But oftentimes, it takes someone from outside the company to really see what’s going on inside.
That’s where I, and, if needed, other members of our Experience on Demand team can bring focus to your business. So, what’s our process in helping to better define yours?
- Investigate – upon being called in, we’ll look for the key business drivers that affect your bottom line. We’ll ask tough questions and be sure to get perspectives from three different points of view – management, employees and customers which we will then triangulate to get the most effective result. Overall, we have found that there are three factors that best explain the relative productivity of an organization –
- The time each employee has to dedicate to productive work each day, without distraction from excessive e-communications, unnecessary meetings, or bureaucratic processes and procedures
- The talent that each worker can bring to their job and, importantly, how an organization’s best talent is deployed, teamed and managed
- The discretionary energy each employee is willing to invest in their work and dedicate to the success of the company, its customers and other stakeholders
- Assess – Once we’ve had time to get a thorough overview of your company and the way it works on a day-to-day basis, we perform a complete analysis. Emphasis is put on employee engagement – as studies have shown an engaged employee is 45% more productive than a merely satisfied worker. And an inspired employee — one who has a profound personal connection to their work and/or their company ― is 55% more productive than an engaged employee, or more than twice as productive as a satisfied worker. The better your organization is at engaging and inspiring its employees, the better its performance.
- Identify – Here is where we focus on the key areas that could directly improve your overall productivity. We identify what’s working – and what’s not or what could easily be improved.
- Recommend – Our whole objective is to help design and develop a plan for your company and its employees to accomplish things that could never be accomplished before. We’ll help identify a clear value proposition for your company and work to make sure that all employees understand both company and individual goals – and make sure that they’re not mutually exclusive! We’ll help identify goals that are achievable and then provide clear direction to supervisors and employees to help clarify expectations. This will help increase their productivity, as they will have a clear focus and clear goals.
How Experience on Demand will help improve your company’s productivity.
Our over-arching goal is to help your company work smarter. Key to that is developing an effective value proposition. To do that, we have a process in place that will help better define yours.
- Investigate – We ask tough questions and get perspectives from three different points of view – management, employees and customers and then triangulate those perspectives for a true company overview.
- Assess – Upon developing our overview, we perform a complete analysis with a strong emphasis on employee engagement, looking for ways that your company could better engage and inspire your workforce.
- Identify – We’ll focus on key areas designed to directly improve overall productivity identifying specific areas or functions that could be improved.
- Recommend – We’ll submit a new value proposition and outline clear ways to assure that all employees understand both company and individual goals – and make sure they’re not mutually exclusive! We’ll also provide direction to supervisors and employees to clarify expectations – all designed to increase productivity with everyone involved having a clear focus and clear goals.